Thursday, April 9, 2009

sound of the suburbs

WOW.

This is the third entry of the month. I just feel like writing recently. Not really a writing, but kind of meditation, talking to myself.

Yesterday one of a good friend of mine when I was studying in UNIMAS came for an interview at my office. Luckily, the interview went well. Hope she'll get that job.

[3 days back, my director was asking for my help to hand him some resumes for the job opening. The moment I handed him the CVs, I remembered that I have a friend who needs job badly. So I called her, asked her to email me her resume, and she did. Before this, she's working with DELL in Penang and because of the recession, shes been retrenched.]

Sometimes, I love my job very much. Sometimes I hate it. To understand 1001 types of human behaviour is the most difficult task to handle. Rules and regulations in the Corporate office really makes me dizzy. Formal office attire, office politic, sitting in front of PC etc etc. But what to do, sometimes I just love my job. I love whenever new staff joining in, I will be the one who knows about it first. I love interviewing people, I love interacting with different types of people. Its all about people, anyway. And, ermmm, not to forget, its a well paid job. Of course its about money as well. hehe.

Sometimes I think it would be pretty interesting if I were a hairstylist. I can wear whatever I want to work. I can wear hot pants on sunny day or just wear my favourite jeans to work. Should be no problem. No need to sit in front of the wardrobe each night thinking what to wear to work. No need to spend 10 mins ironing clothes before go to sleep. I can color my hair to any color I want. I can perm my hair whenever I like, cut it short when Im bored, makes other people look beautiful with their new haircut. Hmmm..Sounds interesting, ait..

The other dream job would be, scuba diving instructor. Can't imagine spending time at the island, meeting new friends, dive into the other side of world and of course travelling to all of the beautiful islands.

Or to be a lecturer? Maybe it sounds a bit boring and casual, but its kind of interesting job to me. Dealing with teenagers and be the coolest lecturer ever in the University. Change the way of teaching, change the students' mind set. Cool, eh? And of course, its a well paid job.. hmmm..

Anyway, I have to work because I need money. I need money because I need to travel.
WORK + WORK = MONEY
MONEY+ MONEY = TRAVELING

The most important thing I want to do now is, to TRAVEL
Dont ask me when I want to get married, because its not what I want to do right now.
I just want to travel all around the world. I dont care if Im broke at the end of the month, cos its all worth it.

p/s: This entry has nothing to do with above title
Sound of the suburbs- The Members (my fav song of the month. Go watch them at you tube!)

2 comments:

anakabah said...

Your title brought me back to my teenage years. Haven't heard that song in a loooooong time. Thanks!

Miss Whatever said...

the members rock!