Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Self Retreat



My recent trip to Aussie was great. Amazed of their futuristic tall buildings and fine-looking old church. I spent 10 days there, stayed at our friend's apartment at South Yarra. I managed to travel to the other suburbs, went to Port Campbell, the fisherman village and witness the most amazing view at the Twelve Appostles. Got a chance for steam train ride (puffing billy) at Dandenong Range, dawdle around the city, went to Crown Cassino at night and had an evening walk at the park. The weather is ooo-kay, end of autumn and it was cold! 9 degrees and I only brought a pair of termal clothing!

I was quite lucky. I managed to catch up Tom Gabel's show at Richmond. I went crazy like hell...For all this while, I listen to Against Me, and for God's sake it happens that he's performing in Melbourne while I was there. I went to the gig alone, anyway. My sister and other friends are broke (i guess they are just using that excuse not to go!).

The show supposed to start at 8pm, but I came a bit late, at 9pm. After I bought myself a drink, I walked slowly to the first row. And...Tom was there, tuning his guitar... The show started and everyone screamed like nobody business. I saw this one guy, standing in a middle of the crowd, wearing leather jacket with 'Against Me' patches all over his jacket.

While I was busy taking pictures, there's one lady approached me. She helped me to take pictures and we talked and enjoying music together.

Tengah syok-syok, one big mamat punk came to me and asked me what am I drinking. After I answered him, senang hati he 'pau' my drink...terus potong! He was like berlakon friendly dengan aku. cis!!

Before I left I bought some stuff at the booth, and rushed to the train station. It was 11.45pm on that time and the last train was at 12.

When I was at the train station, I noticed theres no sign to South Yarra, so I started to ask people around. They said I have to go to Flinders street and after that I have change train to South Yarra. My phone suddenly battery kong, tak sempat read direction message from my sister. Slumber redah.

I arrived South Yarra station at 1am, cos I waited for 40 minutes at Flinders street for another train to S.Yarra. When I reached S.Yarra, I saw my sister and her friend waiting for me with their worried faces.chaos...
Anyway, I took some videos on that night, but I don't know how to convert the file..It's okay, just check him out here
and his band, Against Me



No comments: