Friday, June 27, 2008

Seven Samurai and Ton of Food




My lip hurts! I can’t laugh, I can barely talk, and it feels like burning. Nothing to do with any domestic violence. No one bit my lips and no food allergy involved.
It happened 3 days ago, when I started to feel itchy on my lips, and I am sure it's because of the lip gloss that I have applied on, before I went to work which I haven’t used it for quite a long time. At the office, I keep scratching the whole day, and when I arrived home, I discovered one tiny rounded shape watery inside thingy planted on my lips. At first, I don’t care about that doodad, but after it explodes on the next day, my lips turned to be horror, so I started to freak out. All I wanted to do now is, go to the pharmacy and get whatever cream that the consultant recommends, so that this stupid ‘doodad’ goes away soonest possible.

Huh! Last night we went to carefour to buy dinner. We were starving and atrted to be greedy. So, we bought 1 pack of macaroni and cheese, half bird of roasted chicken, a handful of potato wages, nasi lemak for himself, a cup of hot mushroom soup and a tall stick of garlic bread. At home, while enjoying our dinner, we watched DVD “Seven Samurai”. It was actually a Japanese movie based on a true story back in early 40s. The story was about the unfortunate farmers that need to find way to stop a gang of bandits from embezzling their rice. On that time, rice is very important, and it is more valuable than money.Can you imagine, they even trade flour, wheat and sake for a bowl of rice. Samurai is the warrior that usually hired by the villagers to fight the bandits from taking over their village. If the samurai wins the battle, villagers will give him some percentage of the food production, land and money.

The story begins when 3 of the villagers ran from their village to the nearest town, to look for samurai that can fight for them with a good bargain. To make it short, they found a guy that willing to fight for them for free, but under one condition. He needs 7 samurai, including him to fight the bandits. The guy’s face is similar to my partner’s boss and we laughed when one of the samurai, really looks like Khir Toyo (our former Selangor MB). Haha. Good movie. You should watch it.

Oh yeah. Im going to Penang tomorrow for Dalca Fest. Yeahh. I cant wait for that :) Anyways, I'll update later!

No comments: