Wednesday, October 28, 2009

matrimony is just a tradition

Marriage.
No, this entry is not to announce that I'm going to get married.

Last few days, I had a conversation with my sister about marriage while we were having our dinner at kg.baru. It started when we saw a married couple, next to our table was eating without talk to each other or even look at each other faces! Their kids were there too, but there was no interaction between the husband and wife.

My sister: hey, do u think, every married couple will turn to be like that?

Me: hmmm, it depends on the individual, I guess.. (how would I know!)

Lots of times I came across couple reacted cold towards each other after marriage. It scares me a lot but to me, the feat of marriage depends on the individual. I've witnessed too much negative cases such as husband walk quickly and left his wife and kids behind at shopping mall, husband start to flirt with other woman, no romantic acts etc etc.. I think only 20% of married couples still walk hand in hand when they go out together. There are also cases, whereby wives dont really care about their appreances, they only care about children and start to neglect their husband after marriage. Hmmm..

As a child to a divorcee parent, I could conclude marriage is like gambling. No one knows whats gonna happen after you get married. Will your partner still be the same person as you know him/her on your first date or will he/she turns to be somebody else which you regret marrying with?

To me, both party should take action to make marriage a success. If you are not ready, please don't force yourself into it. Just ignore what your auntie, mom, cousins, who ever it is gonna say. It's your personal life, only yourself can decide. Marriage is just a tradition. People do it just to announce to their family & relatives that they are officially an item. That's it.

My sister said she don't really care about marriage because she got everything she wants. I dont think there's human being wants to grow old alone. Hmm, I don want to grow old alone either. I want to be with someone who can takecare of me, lovey dovey, someone I can talk to before I go to sleep, someone who can cook (oops, am I too demanding?) and spend the rest of my life happily with.


Hmmm, my eyes getting worst recently. Lasik surgery will be under my consideration now. Contact lense is a waste of time. Spectacle is not that comfy.

Finally it's confirmed. Yess, I'm going for a vacation next month! A week after Buzzcock playing in KL. Yess, double yesss.



2 comments:

suekahati haha said...

suekahati LIKES this. two thumbs up. especially the vacation part. teeheee!

Miss Whatever said...

weehee cant wait for vacation!!